May 16, 2011

Skirting Around the Subject

Hey Friends, 

After reading Lizzie B's, Paper Bag Skirt tutorial , I wanted to make that skirt on my own and out of denim. So, I went to my favorite thrift shop where I found this on sale. Sale? Yes; 50% off which then cost me about $2.50.  

Guys, I think I've reached a new level of frugality, because had it been over $5, I would have given up on this idea entirely. Cheapo, you say? Pshaw! Financially Conservative is what I say.


So, as you can--kind of--see, I made 2 skirts. I kept the original style and cut it above the knee and the other is now a paper bag-type skirt.  Yes, I added another zipper and this time I hid it quite cleverly. The 5th "After" picture (although it may no look different than the front) is actually the back of the skirt where I have placed the zipper. Can't see it? It's only because I'm getting better.

Eventually, I'll begin launching my Haute Hookup project, where I refashion, alter, style for others. I just wasn't that confident in my sewing skills. But that is slowly fading and it's because of all of you who take the time to look at this blog and write supportive comments.

Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job on the skirt. :)
    Lydia

    www.styleindependent.com

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Very cute and the pleats make the shirt timeless and not so seasonal, so you can wear it any time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skirt not shirt! lol 

    ReplyDelete