June 14, 2011

On the cuff!

The tuxedo shirt from yesterday's post was kind of big despite it being a Small. So I took it in at the sleeves and sides, pleated the back and added another set of buttons to the cuffs.

I know what you're thinking; "Why add a second set of buttons? You don't know how to make button holes." Well, yes my friends, I do not know how to make button holes. But how'd ya'll know that?

Anyway..I added the buttons on the inside of the cuffs. I don't have the best hand-eye coordination and so attempting to fold cuffs and button them from the inside is a rather arduous task for me; and maybe you... 



Soooo the next time you think you're sleeves are too long or feel like folding your cuffs, grab some needle and thread, a pair of buttons--they don't have to match if you don't want them to--and attach them on the other side of where the current buttons are. Instant french cuffs!



So, yeah! That's what I did. See the diff? 


French cuff... or regular cuff... which is better?



 I think the biggest difference is the sleeves; shirt still looks a little boxy. I'm debating on taking it in a little more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment