September 6, 2011

Back to School?

Are kids back in school yet? I'm not sure, the days all become a blur throughout the week now. 
Anyway, I bought this skirt for $0.95 (if you can make that out in the blue tag below).
It had the smallest elastic waistband and --I kid you not--I couldn't get it up one thigh!

So, I cut that sucker off, made the skirt a little shorter and used some excess fabric for a waistband. 
And, I learned how to make buttons holes! 
Okay, so it's real easy to do...after the 10th time. Bur I managed to add two to the waistband.

The denim material is excess from another refashion--stay tuned. 
FYI: I only spent $7 Thursday; how 'bout that?? 1 Skirt; 2 Blouses; 1 Pair of Pants.
Nothing over $2. Including this skirt. 


I've been wanting a plaid skirt for fall--as you saw here.
I got 5/10 things from that list; all thrifted, of course! 

Check this week for outfit posts.







Meet Virginia Design

2 comments:

  1. That plaid skirt is GORGEOUS!! I'm in love!! Thanks for linking up to thriftaholics weekly! :) Hope to see you there next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just popped over from Thriftaholics weekly - I can't believe that skirt was only 95 cents! The colors are so pretty, and perfect for "back to school season".

    ReplyDelete