July 14, 2012

Recycle Recieving Blankets

I was gifted lots of receiving blankets at my baby shower. Some I've already re-purposed into burping cloths..but I set aside 4 blankets to make this..
 
Not sure how many new mamas out there read this blog, but all you have to do is cut up the receiving blankets into fours and sew the pieces back together how ever you'd like.
 I used an old bed sheet for the opposite side. 
Don't forget to  top stitch the edges and, if you're up for it, a "+" where each of the quilted pieces meet. That way, the fabrics aren't shifting too much after washes; they wrinkle easily.
This project, despite how easy it looks (which it truly is that easy), does take a little time. 
If any of you have taken up quilting before (I know, I'm 30 going on 80), it requires lots of stitches and ironing--and then re-sewing--to ensure symmetry.
But, after 2 weeks, I did it. 
You think making this qualifies me for senior discounts? 


My Benji's 2 months today. :)
 
"Magic Mike's got nothin' on me!"



0 comments:

Post a Comment