September 25, 2012

Shirt to Skirt

The trend...

skirts



The skirt... pictures first, story later.








Ok...
I don't know about you but doesn't the skirt look kind of like what the 1st model is wearing in the collage? 

I found this shirt for $1 and thought it would make a nice skirt. So all I did was take off the sleeves, sew up the sleeve holes and cut off the top. Adjust for waist and hips then open up the back seam (for the zipper). Next I took apart the sleeves and folded them up to make the waist band, sewed in the zipper (which, I know, I did a super sucky job. Better luck next time) and I am in on this trend. 

Sadly, I'm always late on these things. Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. I seriously LOVE the fabric on your skirt!

    I found your blog via Refashion co-op.

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pinning your post. I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!, I'm so going to try this out. I see a lot of nice floral printed shirts at our local thrift store and now I got a new idea from you. Thanks for sharing. Maybe you can also visit my blog sometimes. ^_^
    http://berrypinkciel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete